Support & Custody Modifications

divorce modification lawyer, divorce lawyer, attorney, california custody change attorney

San Mateo Support and Custody Modification Lawyers

Job Loss or Change ◊ Relocation ◊ Increased Health or Child Care Expenses

If your divorce is final, but there has been a material or substantial change in your circumstances, making it difficult or impossible to comply with the existing divorce decree, you want an experienced attorney to protect your interests. You can request modification of existing child custody, visitation or child support orders.

At the Law Offices of Michael Marquez, in Burlingame, we handle all matters related to modification requests for individuals throughout San Mateo County and the surrounding communities in northern California. In our practice, we emphasize responsiveness and personalized attention. We are committed to promptly returning all phone calls and e-mails, keeping you up-to-date on all developments in your case, as well as your options moving forward. We understand the every situation is different and take the time to learn your specific goals and concerns, so that we can tailor our representation to meet your objectives. Our lead attorney, Michael Marquez, has years of family law experience, and is a member of the Family Law Section of both the San Mateo and California State Bar Associations.

Responsive, Personalized Family Law Counsel

Contact our office or call us at 650-343-2611 for a free initial consultation.

Modification of Child Custody and Child Support Orders

We represent custodial and non-custodial parents in proceedings involving requests for modification of an existing divorce decree. This can result from a variety of circumstances:

  • As the custodial parent, you may have additional expenses for medical or day care. You may have lost your job or been forced to take a lower paying job. You may be required to relocate in order to keep your existing job or take a better one. To cover expenses you might need additional support.
  • You may also seek additional support because the non-custodial parent has had a substantial increase in financial resources, whether through a promotion, a new job, an inheritance, a gift or even a lottery winning.
  • As a non-custodial parent, you may seek a modification for a decrease in payments temporarily when your income has decreased dramatically, through the loss of a job or a job reassignment. You may also be asked to move for work.
  • Either parent can request a change in custody or visitation based on abuse, neglect or parental incompetence. This customarily involves supervised visits.

In all situations, we will help you determine what is in the best interests of your minor children and will ask the court to modify existing orders when appropriate.

Contact the Law Offices of Michael Marquez

For a free initial consultation, contact us or call us at 650-343-2611. We accept all major credit cards as payment for our legal services. We speak French and can make Spanish translations services available, if necessary.